[CentOS] Mount LVM

Fri Feb 10 16:03:18 UTC 2006
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting Simone <simone72 at email.it>:

> I think this the problem is that the vg on my system has the same
> name of the one on the external usb disk, but I am not sure of what
> result would have running vgrename, vgcreate or lvcreate on the data,
> so I'd rather wait for some advice.

This would indeed be a problem.  You might try disconnecting your
internal drive, booting off rescue CD and renaming the volume group on
external drive.  Alternative to that would be to wipe out the external
drive (if you don't have any data on it) and recreate it from scratch.

BTW, you can't mount partition that is marked as physical volume
directly.  You need to access logical volumes on it through LVM devices
(usually /dev/vg-name/lv-name).