[CentOS] new install hang after "setting hostname"

Mon Feb 13 18:14:13 UTC 2006
Alexander Dalloz <ad+lists at uni-x.org>

Am Mo, den 13.02.2006 schrieb Jerry Geis um 19:11:

> I have a new install. software RAID-1. everything installed normal (2 -
> 40 GIG IDE drives)
> After install, reboot and the box starts the graphic boot,
> then hangs on "setting hostname". After a few minutes it drops out of
> graphic install and the last thing on the screen is "Checking root
> filesystem".
> It then sets there FOREVER.
>
> Any ideas? I have already re-installed from scatch and get the exact
> same thing.

> Jerry

Boot by removing "rhgb quiet" as kernel parameters. This way you get
more and hopefully helping output on console during bootup.

Alexander

Serendipity 19:13:03 up 3 days, 4:04, load average: 0.37, 0.22, 0.14