[CentOS] List of packages in RHEL extras?

Mon Feb 13 18:41:23 UTC 2006
William Hooper <whooperhsd3 at earthlink.net>

Johnny Hughes wrote:
> On Mon, 2006-02-13 at 09:04 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
>
>> I'm subscribed to the Nahant list and noted someone complaining about
>> the IBM version of Java. Whilst his problems would probably disappear by
>> using the official Java from www.java.com, my question is what is the
>> list of rpms in the extras ISO/channel? I know licencing and so on may
>> mean they cannot be redistributed but i just wanted to know if I'm
>> missing out on anything.
>>

> There are some 3rd party RPMS that are not redistributable ... it will
> cost you $2500.00 a year to find out what they are :)

Why would someone need 24/7 support just to see what packages are there?
You have a point, but needless hyperbole isn't required to make it.

> Actually they are things like the Citrix ICA Client for Linux, IBM Java
> SDK, Acrobat Reader, a flash plugin, a korn shell, a font, and IPW-2200
> and IPW-2100 firmware.

Sounds like the Extras channel I get with my $180/year WS subscription
(actually less because I upgraded from RHPW).

--
William Hooper