[CentOS] Help with megaraid_mbox driver

Sun Feb 19 15:58:20 UTC 2006
Scott Sharkey <ssharkey at linuxunlimited.com>

Hi All,

I've built a custom CD based on CentOS 4.2.  An OOB CentOS 4.2 disk will
detect the megaraid (Perc4) card in a Dell 1850/2850, and load properly.
  My version does not.  I have checked, and the original shipping kernel
for CentOS contains the same megaraid_mbox driver as the updated kernel
that is on my CD.  Basically, my CD removed some RPMS, and added others
for a custom distro.  As far as I can see, the proper kernel files are
still present (I'm using an unmodified buildinstall script, and Johnny
Hughes' build script for the CD).  Does anyone have any suggestions on
how to figure out why the new CD says it cannot find an appropriate hard
drive to install on?

Is there something specific that would be missing like pcitables, etc?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions.

-Scott