[CentOS] CentOS 4 x86_64 - Nagios plugins compile issue

Mon Feb 20 13:01:37 UTC 2006
Tom Brown <tom.brown at goodtechnology.com>

Hi

Trying to compile nagios plugins on an x86_64 box as i have non standard
locations for some software and coming accross this issue. The plugins
compile OK but the check_mysql plugin fails to compile and i see this
error in the compile log

configure:9368: checking for mysql_init in -lmysqlclient
configure:9398: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/opt/mysql/include  -L.
conftest.c -lmysqlclient -L/opt/mysql/lib -lz  >&5
/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/mysql/lib/libmysqlclient.a when
searching for -lmysqlclient
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
| char mysql_init ();
| mysql_init ();
configure:9436: checking for mysql_close in -lmysqlclient
configure:9466: gcc -o conftest -g -O2 -I/opt/mysql/include  -L.
conftest.c -lmysqlclient   >&5
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lmysqlclient
| char mysql_close ();
| mysql_close ();
configure:10217: WARNING: Skipping mysql plugin

any ideas about this as i have to compile these myself - Mysql is being
found and does run so any ideas would be great. Tne nagios list has
drawn a blank so far.

thanks