[CentOS] Serious desktop/mouse problem in Gnome

Tue Feb 21 19:38:17 UTC 2006
Bart Schaefer <barton.schaefer at gmail.com>

On 2/21/06, Robert Moskowitz <rgm at htt-consult.com> wrote:
> Now I have a nice Logitech wireless kyb/mouse plugged into the
> KVM.  The use wheel is working on my Win32 systems and on 2 other
> Centos builds.
>
> Now in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf  the Input Device protocol is "IMPS/2"

I think this is an Xorg bug.  I have a similar problem with the mouse
with a Ubuntu install that I was experimenting with.  The same
hardware works fine with an older linux dist that has XFree86.

I suspect that the problem is that Xorg has abandoned support for some
older hardware, but the system isn't *that* old (originally purchased
around 2001, I think).