[CentOS] Updates on Centos 4

Tue Feb 28 14:43:46 UTC 2006
Paul <subsolar at subsolar.com>

> On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 16:47, centos at 911networks.com wrote:
>
> > I also have a server that I have not updated since the original
> > CentOS 4. And not only that, I will not update it.
> >
> > Why?
> >
> > 1. It works.
> > 2. It's a database server.
> > 3. There are no user logged unless it's me.
> > 4. There is no connection to Internet, only internal users are
> > allowed and it has its own firewall.
> > 5. Why take the chance that something will break?
>
> Do you trust everyone with access to your internal network?

Good point, I know I don't ... I work at a company with 42 plants all
over the world and I don't trust everybody there.  We have had in the
past issues with windows worms take out the network and the same is
possible with Linux.  There is also fact that somebody could possibly
plug a foreign PC into the network with a nasty payload..

Paul Berger