[CentOS] custom vnc install disk [dnk]

Wed Feb 1 17:55:08 UTC 2006
Matt Hyclak <hyclak at math.ohiou.edu>

On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 09:40:34AM -0800, Dustin Krysak enlightened us:
> Yeah I guess I could. (I'll put the dunce cap on now).
>
> Would this be the proper format though?
>
> <snip>
> default linux
> prompt 0
> timeout 0
> display boot.msg
> F1 boot.msg
> F2 options.msg
> F3 general.msg
> F4 param.msg
> F5 rescue.msg
> F7 snake.msg
> label linux
> kernel vmlinuz
> append initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192 vnc
> vncconnect=pigdog.example.com
> <snip>
>
> So I knocked the prompt and timeout to 0 (so that hopefully my cd
> will just pop into the install with no keyboard interaction) and then
> added the "vnc vncconnect=pigdog.example.com".

Looks correct to me, although personally, I would set a prompt/timeout of 5
or so in case I ever wanted to use the disk for something else. If you don't
type anything for 5 seconds, it goes with your default. If you do type
something, you can override your vnc settings, etc.

> In those links They reference "linux vnc
> vncconnect=pigdog.example.com" -- what is the "linux" for? Do I need
> that in there as well? I had been all over these docs before, but I
> think I had just not clued into the syntax.

'linux' is the label. When you're typing the command in from the prompt, you
have to tell isolinux which thing you want to boot. Your append syntax is
correct.

Matt

--
Matt Hyclak