[CentOS] Re: custom vnc install disk [dnk]

Wed Feb 1 20:06:23 UTC 2006
Scott Silva <ssilva at sgvwater.com>

Matt Hyclak spake the following on 2/1/2006 9:55 AM:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 09:40:34AM -0800, Dustin Krysak enlightened us:
>> Yeah I guess I could. (I'll put the dunce cap on now).
>>
>> Would this be the proper format though?
>>
>> <snip>
>> default linux
>> prompt 0
>> timeout 0
>> display boot.msg
>> F1 boot.msg
>> F2 options.msg
>> F3 general.msg
>> F4 param.msg
>> F5 rescue.msg
>> F7 snake.msg
>> label linux
>> kernel vmlinuz
>> append initrd=initrd.img ramdisk_size=8192 vnc
>> vncconnect=pigdog.example.com
>> <snip>
>>
>> So I knocked the prompt and timeout to 0 (so that hopefully my cd
>> will just pop into the install with no keyboard interaction) and then
>> added the "vnc vncconnect=pigdog.example.com".
>>

> Looks correct to me, although personally, I would set a prompt/timeout of 5
> or so in case I ever wanted to use the disk for something else. If you don't
> type anything for 5 seconds, it goes with your default. If you do type
> something, you can override your vnc settings, etc.
>
>> In those links They reference "linux vnc
>> vncconnect=pigdog.example.com" -- what is the "linux" for? Do I need
>> that in there as well? I had been all over these docs before, but I
>> think I had just not clued into the syntax.
>>

> 'linux' is the label. When you're typing the command in from the prompt, you
> have to tell isolinux which thing you want to boot. Your append syntax is
> correct.
>
> Matt

Wouldn't you need something to set the ip address of the adapter? And the
locale and language? These are prompted in text mode before the vnc code is
started.

--

MailScanner is like deodorant...
You hope everybody uses it, and