[CentOS] Re: custom vnc install disk [dnk]

Wed Feb 1 23:24:27 UTC 2006

Matt Hyclak wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 01, 2006 at 12:42:37PM -0800, Dustin Krysak enlightened us:
>>> Wouldn't you need something to set the ip address of the adapter?
>>> And the
>>> locale and language? These are prompted in text mode before the vnc
>>> code is
>>> started.
>>>
>> That is a good point -- I was kind of wondering more about the
>> network if anything.
>>

> I *believe* telling it to do vnc from the boot prompt implies dhcp is
> available and it will be able to configure itself. After the VNC connection
> is established, you'll get to click what language you want and how you want
> the network configured for the machine.

as scott already pointed out, these options need to be set in the loader
/ loader2, which in turn will chain to anaconda, only anaconda's session
is VNC'd.

unless these options are set on the command line - someone on the local
console will need to do these