SV: SV: [CentOS] usernames with capitals

Thu Feb 2 14:53:13 UTC 2006
Claus Derlien <CD at f-f.dk>

--NoDisclaim--
Karanbir Singh wrote:

>Can we not top post ? I really hate posting when the content is just
>going around and around in circles.

>Anyway, just so that everyone knows - this is a known issue. Expect a
>fix in U7 CentOS-3, or move to CentOS-4.
what does U7 means here ?
>There is specific policy in place that prevents Uppercase logins from
>being created.

Sorry about my posting style.

I have fixed my problem by hacking shadow-4.0.3 so it now suits my needs.  :-)
Its not pretty but now it works, according
to my own policy :-)

we have never had any problems with capital usernames, not even when we mail enabled the systems years ago.

best regards

Claus Derlien

Frie Funktionærer - faglig organisation og tværfaglig a-kasse - www.f-f.dk

Denne email og alle filer vedlagt som bilag kan indeholde fortroligt materiale, der kun er beregnet for adressaten,
og maa ikke udleveres eller kopieres til uvedkommende. Har De ved en fejltagelse modtaget denne email, bedes
De venligst omgaaende meddele os dette pr. telefon : 6313 8550. Paa forhaand tak.
This email and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential information intended for the addressee(s) only.
The information is not to be surrendered or copied to unauthorised persons. If you have received this
communication in error, please notify us immediately by telephone: +45 6313 8550. Thank you.