[CentOS] automatic transfer files between Windows PC & Centos server

Thu Feb 2 17:04:48 UTC 2006
Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com>

On Thu, 2006-02-02 at 10:47, JC wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I have this problem and need your help.  I have some files locate on
> windows pc that I need to upload to centos server everyday automatically
> and without provide password.  Is there an easy way for this?  I would
> like to use some kind of batch file because I can use schedule in WinXP to
> performance this job everyday.

If it is over a local network, you can set up a samba share on
the server and map it as a drive from XP, or the reverse - share
a folder from XP and mount into Centos or access with smbclient.

Over the internet, I'd install cygwin ssh and set up keys
for passwordless access, then schedule scp commands.

--
  Les Mikesell
   lesmikesell at gmail.com