[CentOS] Re: HELP

Sun Feb 5 15:51:34 UTC 2006
Tom Diehl <tdiehl at rogueind.com>

On Sun, 5 Feb 2006, Thomas E Dukes wrote:

>  HELP!!!
>
> Someone is forging my domain to spam AOL accounts.  Anyone know how I can
> stop this.  I have deleted 400 - 500 of these over the last 2 days.

Welcome to the Internet!! Short of making REAL sure it is not coming from
your network (do not assume it is not coming from your network unless you
check your network) there is not much you can do. I or anyone else can send
mail as anyone. It is trivial to do.

> localhost.localdomain [127.0.0.1]

> <missmeia at aol.com>
>     (reason: 554- (RTR:SC)
> http://postmaster.info.aol.com/errors/554rtrsc.html

Did you actually look at the URL AOL provided?? If you are on the
same ip address all of the time this is likely a problem with your network.

AOL is pretty good about these kinds of things. Are you running a web server?
If so I would look REAL hard at it. Check your maillogs, webserver logs, etc.

If your ip address does not change you might want to setup a feedback loop
as suggested in the URL listed above. It works, believe me. I use it here.
It makes it real easy to catch garbage going to AOL.

<over 200 lines of the same error message deleted>

Why did you find it necessary to include 200 lines of the same error??

> <<< 554  Connecting IP: 151.213.88.187

Is this your ip-address?? If yes, you most likely have a problem. If no someone
else does and you can simply delete the messages.

Hope this helps,

Tom Diehl		tdiehl at rogueind.com		Spamtrap address mtd123 at rogueind.com