[CentOS] Restart Linux

Tue Feb 7 23:59:06 UTC 2006
Carlos Arellano <carellano at chihuahua.gob.mx>

I have a keyboard and mouse on the server, already modify apm=off on Kernel
parameters, and the problem is there.

Any other thing to do?

Thanks.

And about the md0 devices I don't have a array only have a scssi disk.

Thanks.

Carlos Arellano
Redes y Telecomunicaciones
Gobierno del Estado
Tel: 4299-33-00
Ext: 13767
http://chihuahua.gob.mx.

-----Mensaje original-----
De: centos-bounces at centos.org [mailto:centos-bounces at centos.org] En nombre
de Paul Heinlein
Enviado el: Tuesday, February 07, 2006 3:58 PM
Para: CentOS mailing list
Asunto: Re: [CentOS] Restart Linux

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006, David Fletcher wrote:

> On Tuesday 07 Feb 2006 22:24, Carlos Arellano wrote:
>> I already installed a Centos 4.0 on Server.
>>
>> But when I restart the server stop and never get up again.
>>
>> The last messages are this.
>>
>> Md: stopping all md devices
>> Md: md0 switched to read only mode
>
> Have you got a keyboard plugged in? I had the same problem - it
> would stop OK but only restart with a keyboard. Never could find out
> why.

I have a couple systems that behave that way. The fix that worked here
was to append 'apm=off' to the kernel parameters. E.g.,

   title CentOS (2.6.9-22.0.2.EL)
     root (hd0,0)
     kernel /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.9-22.0.2.EL ro root=/dev/md1 apm=off
     initrd /boot/initrd-2.6.9-22.0.2.EL.img

To my chagrin, I've never investigated what it works...

--
Paul Heinlein <> heinlein at madboa.com <> www.madboa.com