[CentOS] Re: Heartbeat and mount --bind for NFS v4.

Wed Feb 8 14:27:29 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 14:08 +0000, Will McDonald wrote:
> On 08/02/06, Will McDonald <wmcdonald at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I'm messing around with NFS v4 (any and all experience/horror stories
> > about EL4's NFS v4 in production environments more than welcome as I'm
> > still at the evaluation/test stage) and looking at the best way to
> > setup the --bind mounts for the NFS v4 pseudofilesystem.
>
> Just found the answer to my own question...
>
> https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2003-October/msg00957.html
>
> "mount --bind" is the same as "mount -o bind"
>
> So I can just have bind as an option in haresources for that particular mount.

I was just writing that :)

> I'd still be interested in hearing other's opinions on NFS v4 in
> production environments.

I have read about, but haven't had any major NFS v4 issues.  I don't do
a lot of NFS though ... in fact, the only time I use NFS is if I am
rebuilding a huge number of RPMS and using our round robin build script
so I can get more than 1 server involved in the building.

I did package and build all the DRBD / Heartbeat tools for CentOS and I
have been using these tools in production with zero problems since about
3 months before they were released as extras.