[CentOS] When is update 3 coming out?

Wed Feb 8 14:52:43 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-02-08 at 04:08 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
> Hey dudes,
>
> Nice work by the CentOS team in giving us arguably the best distro in
> the world. When is update 3 coming out? What changes are expected in
> it?

Well ... that is totally dependent on when it is released upstream.

The end of the beta period for EL4 u3 beta is Feb 10, 2006.

The upstream product is then released normally within 1-3 weeks ....
we normally release our products within 1-2 weeks from that.

> The reason i ask is that i applied the openoffice.org 2.0.1-1 rpms
> and now WINE is not playing so nicely. It may be a good time to
> re-wipe the system and reinstall update 3 from fresh ISO's. some of
> these "goodies" from upstream can eat the cheese in your house.

You might try uninstalling the CentOS version of openoffice ... I am not
having issues with openoffice 2.0.1, but I am not using wine on my PC
(that would mean I was purposely running windows products on my
workstation ... yikes).