[CentOS] Adding Bind to a workstation build

Wed Feb 8 19:43:09 UTC 2006
Bowie Bailey <Bowie_Bailey at BUC.com>

Jim Perrin wrote:
> > http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/bind/
>
> This is not the best advice. This will mean that he's installing bind
> built from source, which will not get him the updates, QA, patches etc
> of the bind that ship with the distro. It also means that the system
> has no record of the source install, and that he will have to update
> by hand and follow the site on his own for updates etc.
>
> Sticking with the bind from centos is the best bet. The bind-chroot
> does create a chroot'd bind environment, and works just fine. The
> packages are QA'd and updates are available with minimal effort.
>
> Building from source that which is already provided by the
> distribution is a BAD IDEA.

I was simply suggesting that he check there for documentation.

I had intended to link directly to the html docs, but apparently they
framed them and I didn't notice.

This is the link I was intending to provide:

http://www.isc.org/sw/bind/arm93/index.php

--
Bowie