[CentOS] Adding HP7310 networked printing support

Sun Feb 12 16:29:32 UTC 2006
Phil Schaffner <P.R.Schaffner at IEEE.org>

On Fri, 2006-02-10 at 08:36 -0600, Robert wrote:
> Acting on your tip, I rebuilt the FC4 RPM for CentOS 4 also. It was a
> completely painless rebuild but I discovered that a nasty little
> "feature" of the hp-toolbox is that, if left running it will hog
> memory, causing everything in sight to swap out to disk. Not a pretty
> sight, first thing in the morning! Since I really wanted the features,
> I have root call a homemade seek-and-destroy script at the top of
> every hour to kill any toolbox I left open.
> In the process of scratching my head, I wondered if maybe this unruly
> behavior is the reason it's not included in CentOS...

Hadn't left the toolbox running, so missed that bug.  Just built the
version from rawhide but can't test right now.  Might give that a shot.

http://download.fedora.redhat.com/pub/fedora/linux/core/development/SRPMS/

Phil