[CentOS] Nmap update checksum failures.

Tue Feb 14 13:18:26 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

> (2/10): nmap-frontend-4.0 100% |=========================|  29 kB
> 00:00
> http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/i386/dag/RPMS/nmap-
> frontend-4.01-1.2.el4.rf.i386.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match
> checksum
> Trying other mirror.
> (3/10): libpng-devel-1.2. 100% |=========================| 169 kB
> 00:00
> (4/10): nmap-4.01-1.2.el4 100% |=========================| 746 kB
> 00:01
> http://apt.sw.be/redhat/el4/en/i386/dag/RPMS/nmap-4.01-1.2.el4.rf.i386.rpm: [Errno -1] Package does not match checksum
> Trying other mirror.
>
> Do I need to add some mirrors to these defaults? Or just be patient?

The packages that are failing are from a 3rd party repository. You
should probably be using rpmforge instead of dag directly. Consider
installing the rpmforge-release package from dag.wieers.com, and check
out rpmforge.net. Using rpmforge will give you more mirrors to use,
and may provide better results. It's also possible that you were
trying to update as the mirrors were sync'ing and got a corrupt
package.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775