[CentOS] httpd permissions question

Tue Feb 14 18:07:30 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 2/14/06, James Pifer <jep at obrien-pifer.com> wrote:
> I'm using yum-pull for creating a local yum repo. I have a non-root user
> that runs the script and the files are stored in that user's home
> directory. I'm trying to make that directory available with httpd. The
> user owns all the files and subdirs and the rights on all the files is:
> -rw-r--r--
>
> I added this to the bottom of httpd.conf and restarted httpd.
>
> Alias /repomirror /home/user1/YumRepo
>
> <Directory /home/user1/YumRepo>
>         Options Indexes FollowSymLinks MultiViews
>         AllowOverride None
>         Order allow,deny
>         #Allow from 172.16 127.0.0.1
>         #Deny from all
> </Directory>
>
> When I try to access http://servername/repomirror I get a 403 permission denied.

I was under the impression that order options were taken in order. If
that's the case then what you have here, is a rule allowing an ip
range  and then another rule that denies everything. The deny happens
after the allow, and so overrules it.

Try switching your order to deny,allow
then do deny from all ; allow from 172.16 127.0.0.1

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775