[CentOS] printing server via http

Wed Feb 15 14:10:57 UTC 2006
Jeff Kinz <jkinz at kinz.org>

On Wed, Feb 15, 2006 at 06:17:11AM -0800, JC wrote:
> I didn't look at HP doc, but doesn't help.  What I want to do is to setup
> my printer so that people on the internet (i know this sounds odd, but i
> hope there is method that limits certain people to connect to it) can
> connect & print to this printer via http.

You can certainly have a cgi script that send a file to the printer.
And you can use various apache methods to restrict access to that
script, the question is what are you going to have them printing?  Is it
a web page?

> > so you could probably just pipe stuff to 192.168.1.100:9100

... is what the script could do, but if you want html to be rendered
for printing out it gets trickier.

speech recognition software may have been used to create this e-mail

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men
of zeal, well-meaning but without understanding." - Brandeis

To think contrary to one's era is heroism. But to speak against it is
madness. -- Eugene Ionesco