[CentOS] Make eth1 primary interface

Wed Feb 15 21:20:11 UTC 2006
Aleksandar Milivojevic <alex at milivojevic.org>

Quoting "Chris Mason (Lists)" <lists at masonc.com>:

> Aleksandar Milivojevic wrote:
>>
>> Or he can completely ommit specifying any gateways, and let DHCP
>> create one.  Which is probably what he want to do anyhow.
> No, it isn't. I want to specify the default interface. I simplified
> the question to keep things clear, in reality I have three ISPs,
> three interfaces, and two firewalls, so I wanted to know how to
> specify the default interface.

Correct me if I'm wrong.  If you don't specify "GATEWAY" line in any of
the ifcfg-* files (or sysconfig/network), and let DHCP set default
route, then as soon as DHCP configures the interface, you'll get
default route pointing to it.

Unless you have waaaay fancier network setup than you described, that is ;-)