[CentOS] Postgresql 8.1.x on CentOS 3.6

Thu Feb 16 18:20:12 UTC 2006
Matt Arnilo S. Baluyos (Mailing Lists) <matt.baluyos.lists at gmail.com>

On 2/16/06, Nels Lindquist <nlindq at maei.ca> wrote:
> The PostgreSQL folks did provide binary RHEL3 RPMs for 8.1.2, so they
> may just not have had time to produce 8.1.3 binaries yet.
>
> If there are mitigating circumstances which make the security fix in
> 8.1.3 irrelevant to you, you could always roll out 8.1.2 in the
> meantime--there wouldn't be any dump/restore required to upgrade to
> 8.1.3 later.

Yup. I just checked on the 8.1.2 directory tree and there are indeed
RPMs for 8.1.2. I'd agree with you, they may not have had time to
package the latest binaries for RHEL3 yet - opting to prioritize the
RHEL4 packages instead.

Not really that important whether it's 8.1.3 or an earlier 8.1.x
version. I was just surprised earlier why there aren't any RHEL3
packages in the 8.1.3 tree and thought the maintainers are ending
support for the older RHELs.

--
Stand before it and there is no beginning.
Follow it and there is no end.