[CentOS] Yum updates vs current packages

Wed Feb 22 17:42:55 UTC 2006

Bowie Bailey wrote:
> Sorry if the subject is a bit vague.  I wasn't sure how to summarize this.
>
> I am building a new server (CentOS4.2) and I am trying to stay with RPM
> installs as much as possible.  The problem is with packages that I would
> like to keep more up to date than allowed by the repositories.  This will be
> a mailserver doing spam and virus checking.  As such, I want SpamAssassin
> and ClamAV to be as up-to-date as possible.  The current rpm for ClamAV is 6
> months and 3 releases behind.

where did you look for this clamav rpm ? both rpmforge.net and
centos.karan.org have clamav which are updated soon after upstream release.

I should point out that dag's pkgs at rpmforge.net are packages slightly
differently from the ones at centos.karan.org - so whichever repo you
decide to use, stick with that one for clamav ( ref: yum's includepkg
etc for that .repo file )

- K