[CentOS] Server cd

Wed Feb 22 21:14:31 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 2/22/06, Mace Eliason <meliason at shaw.ca> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have just installed the server cd 4.2 and was wondering what I would
> need to install to add xcfe4?
>
> I wanted to install a light weight desktop for playing around with.
>
> Do I have to install x11 and what packages would I install.
>
> I have added xcfe4 to Centos 4.2 after I had installed gnome and such.
> But not sure about with the server cd.

You will need to use yum to install the groups for X, and XFCE4.
You'll probably also want to install system-config-display and run it
to set up your xorg environment. Run 'man yum' and look at grouplist
and groupinstall if you're unsure of which groups you need etc.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775