[CentOS] Updates on Centos 4

Mon Feb 27 12:57:49 UTC 2006

Dexter Stowers wrote:
> Hi,
>     I have a server that has been running Centos for about a year but
> I have not checked to see if there have been any changes to update.
> Has there been any updates or fixes for the update? I have not been in
> the loop for a while now. Thanks!

take a look at the 'yum' package - and the options available with it.
eg. 'yum list' will tell you what you need to know.

Also, its a good idea to subscribe to the CentOS-announce mailing list,
all package updates are announced there. ( http://lists.centos.org/ )

Setting up rss feeds for the repositories as well, so you could / would
/ should be able to subscribe to only the repo+arch combinations you
want to stay informed about... Lookout for an announcement about this
shortly.

- K