[CentOS] Re: p5v800-MX

Tue Feb 28 21:34:25 UTC 2006
Jim Perrin <jperrin at gmail.com>

On 2/28/06, Mark Quitoriano <markquitoriano at gmail.com> wrote:
> well the installation was successfull my only problem is whatever NIC i
> installed in the system it still can't detect the card.
>
> i don't wat to put fedora on my production server, my option is to replace
> my motherboard what board can you recommend?

That board (p5v800-MX
http://usa.asus.com/products4.aspx?l1=3&l2=11&l3=229&model=765&modelmenu=1)
is in no way a 'production server' type of motherboard. From all
appearances it's a mid-low end desktop board for small form-factor atx
cases. What 'server' board we can recommend depends entirely on
budget, server tasks etc. There were some threads about this
previously on the mailing list, but you may want to actually look at
what is in some of the entry level servers from dell or ibm to get an
idea.

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety''
Benjamin Franklin 1775