[CentOS] Large partition problem

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Tue Jan 3 16:45:54 UTC 2006

"William A. Mahaffey III" <wam at HiWAAY.net> wrote:
> Roger that last observation :-). I have been having
> problems w/ ReiserFS & NFS (twixt a SuSE 9.2 box & some
> SGI's) for a few weeks now, though they *might* be calming
> down a bit (after some apparently prescient recommendations
> from TheBS :-) ) ....

A lot of people request that I cite various documentation on
this stuff.  I can't.  Occasionally I'll find a vendor's bug
report on various things, but outside of maybe Red Hat (who
has always come under a lot of fire for heavily patching the
kernel), a lot of vendors just blame things on the kernel
support and refuse to address it in their distros.

That's why I have only experience to go on.  And multi-TB
support is not something I put my faith in under Linux.
Especially not when various geometry, structure and other
issues keep creeping up, have to have workaround for, only to
repeat themselves in various kernel/filesystem
implementations.

--
Bryan J. Smith     Professional, Technical Annoyance                      b.j.smith at ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com