[CentOS] crm solution

Troy Engel tengel at fluid.com
Tue Jan 3 19:59:10 UTC 2006

Craig White wrote:
> ----
> you have to keep in mind that forking is one of the great strengths of
> open source. That is the spirit of open source.

Oh completely agreed - but how often do you see a fork before any
code/developement is actually contributed (or, an earnest attempt to
contribute)? While forking is in the spirit, forking outright "just
because" doesn't seem like it's truly in the spirit. (*)

I'm comparing this to more well known forks, like X.org or the more
recent Mambo/Joomla. Political issues aside, the forks followed a more
traditional path of people at least trying first to make it work. The
vTiger fork strikes more more as a hit-and-run on someone else's codebase.

My $0.02 US. :)
-te

(*) again I'm not a proponent of either side, but from a long time open
source contributor and advocate point of view the vTiger moves feels sketchy

--
Troy Engel | Systems Engineer
Fluid, Inc | http://www.fluid.com