[CentOS] Re: How to upgrade hard drive in a single drive (with LVM2) computer

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 4 00:38:12 UTC 2006

"Barry L. Kline" <blkline at attglobal.net> wrote:
> It was /dev/mapper/vg0-lvsysroot -- I renamed it when I
> created it.

But what are the major/minor numbers on the device file?  ;->
I assume it's a block device file, correct?

> I needed to put the system back online again.

Actually, stuff like that would have been best to record on
paper or in a print-out.  But that's all highsight now.  ;->

> Does this sound reasonable?

Again, if I had a more _exact_ representation of your hard
drives, I could help further.

I'd also be interested in seeing what the major/minor numbers
of your vg devices are.

--
Bryan J. Smith     Professional, Technical Annoyance                      b.j.smith at ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com