[CentOS] High Availability using 2 sites

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Thu Jan 5 14:50:30 UTC 2006

On Jan 5, 2006, at 1:10 AM, Tim Edwards wrote:

> We currently have a backup site at a different location to our main
> site. This backup site mirrors (as closely as possible) our main
> services, particularly web serving. Is there a way to have the
> backup site act as a failover for the main site using something
> like Linux-HA? They are on seperate internet connections with
> different IP ranges.

take a look at Super Sparrow, which i believe does what you're trying
to do:

http://www.supersparrow.org/

i haven't seen it widely deployed, but i have seen it occasionally in
production.  here's a paper on how it works:

http://www.supersparrow.org/ss_paper/index.html

-steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v