[CentOS] Centos locking up system with mptscsih driver error

Bryan J. Smith thebs413 at earthlink.net
Thu Jan 5 17:26:50 UTC 2006

Bryan J. Smith wrote:
> Well I did more research and have to clarify my statement.
> The installed BIOS is v4.05 which indeed was the original
> BIOS is actually only one version below the last BIOS
> provided by Tyan for the Tiger MPX (S2466N-4M).

I'm confused.  I didn't know Athlon MP's were
PowerNow!/Cool'n Quiet processors.  What exact models are you
trying to use?

I've never seen an old Athlon MP system with such power
management.

> The new features and fixes for v4.06 are:
> Fixes bios resetting during reboot issue.
> Fixes hang on shutdown issue when no keyboard is present.
> I find it hard to believe that flashing the BIOS to v4.06
> is going to fix the mptscsi problem.

Oh, this is unrelated to the PowerNow/Cool'n Quiet.
My apologies (did I cross threads/concepts?).

--
Bryan J. Smith     Professional, Technical Annoyance                      b.j.smith at ieee.org      http://thebs413.blogspot.com