[CentOS] New logo for CentOS

Preston Crawford me at prestoncrawford.com
Thu Jan 5 17:29:56 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-05 at 08:34 -0800, Jim Smith wrote:
> To celebrate CentOS as the greatest thing since sliced bread, we
> should endevour to have a new logo in place. Whilst the current one
> suffices, a new logo/favicon  should be in place.
>
> My artistry skills are not good (i was eating hotdogs whilst the rest
> of the class learned fine art), so those of you artistically endowed
> should come up with something.

I've been thinking this for a long time. Mostly because when I show
friends/co-workers the OS that's often their first visceral reaction. It
"looks cheap" because of the logo/color scheme. So they don't understand
how great it is because (as most rubes are prone to doing) the first
thing they see is that the logo is a little bland. Weird, but true.

Preston