[CentOS] cgi based tracroute or ping question

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 8 16:44:33 UTC 2006

On 1/8/06, Robin Mordasiewicz <robin at bullseye.tv> wrote:
> I need to install a web based cgi that provides an attractive interface
> for doing traceroutes, ping, and possibly mtr.
>
> I know it is not very difficult to write this but does anyone know of a
> good package that provides tools like this.
>
> The target audience is upper level management that have never seen a
> command line.

Hmmmm upper management with gui/pretty colored access to ping and
traceroute. Something about this smells dangerous.
 Most network monitoring tools like nagios and others do this, but
it's not really a frontend where you can pick a machine and make it
go. They're designed to monitor specific things on specific machines
or network segments.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT