[CentOS] pci sata raid card

Noel Sanchez

noel at asaiatm.com
Tue Jan 10 17:56:32 UTC 2006

Using centos 4.2. Trying to install pci sata raid card, Pacific Digital
QM-4300R10. Raid card box reads that it supports linux. raid software
has rhel 4.0 dd image. I write to floppy and use linux dd to "try"
install drivers on my centos 4.2. I see the card in the list that centos
gives me after loading the drivers, but when I try to use them, it
doesn't do anything. Nothing works. I've read that rhel 4.0 drivers will
not work on centos 4.2. What I do? Is it my sata drives or the pci raid
card or both? What is recommended? Should one use regular sata drives
and use them on the motherboard and use linux software raid? What do
others use? and how? Should one contact Pacific Digital for correct
drivers? Do i need to compile centos drivers from the rhel 4.0 drivers?
Are there any pci sata raid controllers that work right out of the box
on centos 4.2?

duel