[CentOS] Quick crontab question (another cron question!)

Robert Hanson roberth at abbacomm.net
Thu Jan 12 19:26:29 UTC 2006

}
} Really quickly:  Would anyone know how I might add a crontab entry via a
} script (bash)?  I'm attempting to write one to schedule commands at
} certain times.  Is this possible?  Thanks.
}
} -Jose

if i remember right, i used to make cron looking text files and then as a
non-root user you could test it by redirecting that file using the crontab
command

man crontab

will show syntax

after you test do a

crontab -l

will list show the entry if i remember right

see if it puts it in the area you desire and modify your thinking and try
again

i was gonna test it for you and report back yet i dont think it would be too
difficult regardless, apologies i dont have more time for it right at this
moment

 - rh

 --
Robert Hanson - Abba Communications