[CentOS] I have installed CentOS 4.2 on an AMD based machine usingthe ATI chipset (xpress 200) and I am hav

Chris Hammond chris at tac.esi.net
Thu Jan 12 20:31:39 UTC 2006

You just grabbed the latest kernel from kernel.org?

Does hdparm show you as having DMA enabled?

I turned off and stopped the cpuspeed service.

Thanks
Chris

>>> geisj at pagestation.com 01/12/06 3:02 pm >>>
Chris,

I have a Compaq AMD r4000 x86_64. grabbing the latest kernel
and compiling it fixed my clock skew.

I have not had any slow disk issues. again the kernel may help

doing the command:

killall - SIGUSR1 cpuspeed makes the CPU run faster.

Hope that helps.

Jerry

believed to be clean.