[CentOS] clamscan --exclude problems

rado

rado at rivers-bend.com
Tue Jan 17 04:34:08 UTC 2006

this is strange to me but maybe not to y'all
I use clamscan --exclude in other places but this certain one will not
work...

let me put up my fstab before I explain k:

# This file is edited by fstab-sync - see 'man fstab-sync' for details
LABEL=/          /                       ext3    defaults        1 1
LABEL=/boot1     /boot                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none             /dev/pts                devpts  gid=5,mode=620  0 0
none             /dev/shm                tmpfs   defaults        0 0
none             /proc                   proc    defaults        0 0
LABEL=/rbbu      /rbbu                   ext3    defaults        1 2
none             /sys                    sysfs   defaults        0 0
LABEL=SWAP-hda2  swap                    swap    defaults        0 0
/dev/hdb      /media/cdrecorder  auto pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0
/dev/fd0      /media/floppy      auto pamconsole,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

kk...the line: LABEL=/rbbu

/rbbu is hdc. it's a 250gb drive just to act as a backup server for
various machines.

I want to clamscan the whole system excluding /rbbu
 clamscan --exclude=/rbbu /

just a very basic line...of course there is much more to the real one
but this is the problem child.

considering the LABEL=/rbbu and /rbbu being the mount point ....I
believe this might be where the problem lies but I'm not sure.

If I must, I could rename the mount point to something else and now
thinking bout it, would not cause that many problems...just a lot of
tweaking in lots of scripts which I would rather not but if y'all feel
that's the fix then it will be done!

thx,

John Rose