[CentOS] kernel update inconsistency...

Wed Jan 18 12:12:11 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 12:31 +0100, Maciej Żenczykowski wrote:
> > WontFix: WorksForMe :)
> >
> > need more info to even start looking at the issues involved, what version of
> > yum and what do you have defined for kernelpkgs= in the yum config's ?
>
> No kernelpkgs= line at all - I  think  the configuration is pretty close
> to the  default install, will check later today on a freshly installed
> machine...

I can confirm that kernel-smp-devel and kenrel-hugemem-devel are upgrade
and not install packages via yum.  This is not a problem for booting,
just for building things on older kernels.  This is a yum issue that can
be worked around if you want (I don't think everyone would want the
devel packages as install ... at least I don't anything but the latest
kernel-devel packages, except on a couple devel machines).

If you want to make kernel-smp-devel and kernel-hugemem-devel be install
vice update, then add them to a line like this:

installonlypackages=kernel-smp-devel kernel-hugemem-devel

that should make it work the way you want.