[CentOS] Kernel update and csgfs

Thu Jan 19 13:04:26 UTC 2006

On Thu, 2006-01-19 at 09:58 +0900, centos wrote:
> Is it means that update is safe? Or not?

It is not safe to update the kernel if you have csgfs installed (that
is ... GFS or Cluster Suite).  There are not any csgfs kernel modules
yet produced for the CentOS csgfs repo.

Also, if you have DRBD installed from the extras, you will need to
update the kernel-module for DRBD as well as the kernel if you want it
to work when you reboot (these drbd kernel modules are there).

The same is also true for any third party kernel modules that you build.
You need to rebuild them on kernel upgrade that you do.

For normal installs, without any of those issues, yes ... it is safe.