[CentOS] ruby on rails

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jan 20 00:05:24 UTC 2006

On Wed, 2006-01-18 at 21:11 -0500, Jim Perrin wrote:

> > Am I going to have to use Fedora on this server to use rails?
>

> Fedora on a server...heheheh the idea of that always makes me laugh
> There are updated ruby packages available in the dev.centos.org
> testing repository. There's even a repo file there for you to add to
> make things simple. Enjoy, and be sure to leave feedback about the
> ruby rpms at http://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=1173 so we know if it
> works well enough to move to centos-plus.
----
so far so good - installed (actually updated)
irb/ruby/ruby-libs/ruby-devel/rdoc and even installed ri (but still
haven't investigated it to figure out what it is.

Couldn't connect to postgresql without issues though so I ended up
creating the db's in mysql and will work through postgres issue with
rubyonrails-list

Thanks

Craig