[CentOS] RFE: centos-announce subject line rearrange

Farkas Levente

lfarkas at bppiac.hu
Fri Jan 20 09:19:36 UTC 2006

hi,
it's a nice thing that we've a centos-announce list, but currently the
subject of this mails on this list has very long lines. eg:
[CentOS-announce] CESA-2006:0160 Moderate CentOS 3 i386 tetex -	security
update
[CentOS-announce] CESA-2006:0140 Important CentOS 3 ia64 kernel -
security update
which means 1280x1024 sreen in mozilla the mailer's preview line is not
wide enough to show thre real important part of the mail ie. the name of
the package which is updated. wouldn't be it possible to shorten somehow
the subject line? solutions:
- drop the name of the list (ie: [CentOS-announce] )
- drop the CESA reference number (ie: CESA-2006:0160 )
- or simple rearrange the subject eg into:
[CentOS-announce] CentOS 3 ia64 kernel - CESA-2006:0140 Important
security update
for me it's totaly inrelevant the solution just move the package name
somehow left.
yours.

just my 2c.