[CentOS] HP NetServer LC2000r and LH6000r install woes

Steve Huff shuff at vecna.org
Fri Jan 20 16:50:48 UTC 2006

On Jan 20, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Paul Schoonderwoerd wrote:

> Check the releasenotes on redhat.com. The old Netraid controllers
> are declared
> obsolete in ES4. Not sure how to resolve this. I guess you will
> need to use
> the old driver at boottime.

hey, you're right; CentOS 3 is happily installing on one of my 6000rs
right now.

this means i'd need to build the old megaraid driver for the 2.6
kernel that's stock for 4.2, right?  i'll try doing that when i next
have access to a CentOS 4 machine.

thanks,
steve

---
If this were played upon a stage now, I could condemn it as an
improbable fiction. - Fabian, Twelfth Night, III,v