[CentOS] HP NetServer LC2000r and LH6000r install woes

Craig White craigwhite at azapple.com
Fri Jan 20 17:03:51 UTC 2006

On Fri, 2006-01-20 at 11:50 -0500, Steve Huff wrote:
> On Jan 20, 2006, at 11:18 AM, Paul Schoonderwoerd wrote:
>
> > Check the releasenotes on redhat.com. The old Netraid controllers
> > are declared
> > obsolete in ES4. Not sure how to resolve this. I guess you will
> > need to use
> > the old driver at boottime.
>
> hey, you're right; CentOS 3 is happily installing on one of my 6000rs
> right now.
>
> this means i'd need to build the old megaraid driver for the 2.6
> kernel that's stock for 4.2, right?  i'll try doing that when i next
> have access to a CentOS 4 machine.
----
http://www.tuxyturvy.com/blog/index.php?url=archives/4-Installing-RHEL4-on-Systems-with-Legacy-Megaraid-Drivers.html&serendipity

No guarantees that this is you ticket but I found it to work for me.

You would have to adjust slightly for CentOS 4.2 because it uses a
different kernel and watch my notes at the bottom for CentOS because it
boots i586 kernel from CD.

Craig