[CentOS] Bittorrent RPM/Python Issue

Jim Perrin jperrin at gmail.com
Sun Jan 22 04:32:08 UTC 2006

On 1/21/06, Mark Sargent <powderkeg at snow.email.ne.jp> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> tried to install the RPM for bittorrent, and got the following,

There isn't just THE rpm for bittorrent, there are several. Which one
are you using, and was it made for centos?

> why is this so, when I have 2.3.4. Is this RPM only compatible with 2.3,
> not 2.3.1-4? Little confused. Cheers.
Yes. It was built against a specific version, and that's what it wants.

Try using the EL4 bittorrent rpms from rpmforge, or dag.wieers.com
directly. You can even use yum to get them, which will simplify things
for you immensely. There are several good repositories that work to
add things like bittorrent to centos.

--
Jim Perrin
System Architect - UIT