[CentOS] losing too many tics error

Peter Farrow peter at farrows.org
Mon Jan 23 11:26:03 UTC 2006

Hi There,

I know exactly what this error means, I am using Centos 4.2 on a Via
EPIA system booting from a 2Gig Flash card.

Power management is disabled and the flash card seems to work ok with
DMA enabled (its a compact flash on an IDE adapter).  But this crops up
every day or so and the machine hangs.

I have several of these boxes all from difference batches and suppliers
and they all do it....

If anyone has any ideas I'm open to suggestions as how to cure this,
I've tried all the usual.

I am using Kingston 2Gig Single level cell flash cards (medium - high
speed).

Regards

Pete