[CentOS] X11 build

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Mon Jan 23 15:40:09 UTC 2006

>/  Morning...
/>/
/>/  I have a package that I think wants to compile against the X11 source tree.
/>/  http://openchrome.org - its a snapshot from there....
/>/
/>/  Anyway the command it tells me to run is:
/>/
/>/  xmkmf /usr/src/xc
/>/  make
/>/  make install
/>/
/>/
/>/  This is to build a updated X graphics driver...
/>/  However when I do this I get errors as there is not /usr/src/xc (no
/>/ surprise)
/>/  I did then "up2date xorg-x11-sdk" however now I dont know where the
/>/  "xc" directory might be.
/>/
/>/  Have I not done the right steps yet?
/>/
/>/  Thanks for any suggestions.
/
>There are src rpms for available on that site for fedora core 3 and
>fedora core 4. What you want is not in centos, and you'd probably be
>best off rebuilding from their src.rpms

>With all the system mods you seem to be doing, it feels like you're
>trying to shoehorn a server distro into very modern/unsupported
>hardware? Are you sure you've picked the right distro for the job, or
>are you simply trying to locate a larger hammer with which to pound in
>screws?

Jim,

Not really, the couple pieces of hardware that I have actually work fine
with centos 4.2 - however - when I then want to connect something out of the
ordinary like a monitor that does 1366x768 it is not supported in the current
driver.

My other monitor problem was the driver freezing up. New card will take care of that.

Thanks,

Jerry