[CentOS] freenx

Craig White

craigwhite at azapple.com
Mon Jan 23 22:35:32 UTC 2006

installed freenx server on CentOS 4 server
installed nxclient from nomachine.com on workstation

so far so good.

following directions from web site...
http://fedoranews.org/contributors/rick_stout/freenx/

where I tried both /etc/nxserver/client/client.id_dsa.key
and /var/lib/nxserver/home/.ssh/client.id_dsa.key

copied them to my workstation and then used the 'import' function in
nxclient to import the keys and try to connect and always get the
following detail when I failed to connect...

NX> 203 NXSSH running with pid: 21106
NX> 285 Enabling check on switch command
NX> 285 Enabling skip of SSH config files
NX> 200 Connected to address: 192.168.2.1 on port: 22
NX> 202 Authenticating user: nx
NX> 208 Using auth method: publickey
NX> 204 Authentication failed.

what's the trick - there is obviously something very important missing
from the web page.

Thanks

Craig