[CentOS] freenx

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Mon Jan 23 23:07:19 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 16:53, Craig White wrote:

> > > copied them to my workstation and then used the 'import' function in
> > > nxclient to import the keys and try to connect and always get the
> > > following detail when I failed to connect...
> >
> > Try pasting the text from /etc/nxserver/client/client.id_dsa.key
> > into the nxclient key window and saving it instead of using
> > the import function.
> ----
> that actually got me a lot further...I get 'authentication failed for
> user craig'
>
> So back on the server, I tried...
>
> nxserver --adduser craig

This shouldn't be necessary.  If you can log in as yourself
with ssh and a password, nxclient should work.  What is
supposed to happen is that it logs in first as the 'nx'
user with ssh and the client key and uses this only
for an encrypted path to pass the real username and
password - which should only need to be normal users.
Installing  the freenx rpm should have created the nx
user. The rest should happen like you logged into the
console.

--
  Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com