[CentOS] Self-signed certificates

Tue Jan 24 00:52:44 UTC 2006

On Mon, 2006-01-23 at 18:46 -0500, Thomas E Dukes wrote:

> [...]

Here is the problem ... the headers come in ... they are encrypted.
They have to be decrypted to read them.  At this point, the machine
doesn't know which certificate to use, so it uses the default one.

Once the header is decrypted, now it can go to the correct website, but
it only uses the default certificate.

If you want to have a separate certificate, you must either have a
separate IP address or a separate port so that the machine can know what
certificate to use while the header is still encrypted ...